The impact of COVID-19 has shined a spotlight on farming as one of the most essential industries in the country and across the globe. The safety of America’s food supply continues to be among the most trusted and reliable in the world.
Here at Threemile we couldn’t be more serious about food production during these difficult times. We’ve implemented measures on the farm and throughout the supply chain to protect our workforce, the public health, and the food supply.
- We’ve designated a Social Distancing Officer to educate, monitor, and facilitate workforce compliance during this time of crisis.
- We’ve adopted all federal, state, and local health authority safety and sanitation recommendations, including social distancing, one person to a vehicle, remote workplaces wherever possible, increased sanitation of all offices, public areas, equipment, and facilities.
- We’ve provided additional sick leave for team members.
- We monitor guidelines and best practices daily and modify our activities when new information becomes available. Click here to learn how the industry is working together to keep your food safe and plentiful.
Food Security in Our Community – What Threemile’s doing to help Oregonians in need
- The demand for nutritious protein and other food items for the hungry is dramatically increasing, so we’re increasing our hamburger donations to the Oregon Food Bank and Blanchet House for the next 3 months.
- We’re working on solutions to provide fresh potatoes to the Oregon Food Bank and Blanchet House.