Setting the Bar High
Threemile Canyon Farms operates its farms at or below the EPA and state regulation limits for crop inputs.
- We meet and exceed the state agencies’ standards on farming, composting, and dairy operations.
- We document all crop protection product applications for state regulators. All applications are carried out following U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) approved methods with an emphasis on protecting the health of humans, wildlife, and the environment.
- To ensure our farming practices are held to the highest standards, we enlist the help of third parties to certify and/or inspect our practices and products.
- For our crops, we enlist the support of an independent third party to ensure we meet or exceed the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program standards, which include food safety and water quality components. We consistent score between 95% and 100% on these audits.
- Our dairy operations are certified and monitored by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for milk quality, and the Oregon Department of Agriculture for organic crop and field certification.
- Our dairy voluntarily participates in Validus animal welfare certification. This independent company uses a detailed assessment and audit process with rigorous animal welfare guidelines to ensure socially responsible on-farm practices. Threemile Canyon Farms participates in four Validus animal welfare audits annually and we are proud to have scored 100% on animal health.
- Our dairy barns are designed to protect ground and surface water resources.
- We comply with all regulations to promote worker safety, health, and fair employment practices using guidelines and standards provided by these independent agencies: Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Bureau of Labor and Industries, Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division, and Oregon Workers' Compensation Division.