Quality Dairy Produced Responsibly
Our 33,000 dairy cows produce 2 million pounds of milk each day. Our predominately Jersey herd provides milk that is richer in butterfat and valued by cheese makers.
Milk and Proteins
- Whey Protein
Traceability and Biosecurity
- Every cow is tagged and tracked in our computerized database, which contains detailed health history records on each animal.
- We raise our own next generation cows, giving us complete oversight and traceability of our herd through its life cycle.
- Our animals never leave the farm, ensuring excellent biosecurity with a highly controlled environment preventing the introduction of disease from the outside world.
- Our farm and dairy have at minimum 10 miles of buffer zones from every direction.
Our Best Dairy Practices
- Zero artificial growth hormones: Threemile Canyon Farms' cows are not injected with rBST or any other artificial growth hormones to increase milk production.
- Buffers: Our 180-acre dairy operation is in the center of the 93,000-acre farm complex, providing sufficient buffers from neighboring communities.
- Milking: Our milking parlors blend high efficiency with healthy and humane treatment of our herd. Round-the-clock milking occurs from six, state-of the-art carousels in two parallel milking parlors.
- Balanced diet: Our dairy herd is fed a balanced ration of commodities raised on the farm — corn, alfalfa, and other feed crops — supplemented with culls, peelings, and other leftovers from processing our commercial potato and other crops.