Quality Dairy Produced Responsibly
Our 25,000 dairy cows produce more than 1.4 million pounds of milk each day. Our predominately Jersey herd provides milk that is richer in butterfat and valued by cheese makers.
Milk and Proteins
- Whey Protein
- Fluid milk
Traceability and Biosecurity
- Every cow is tagged and tracked in our computerized database, which contains detailed health history records on each animal.
- We raise our own next generation cows, giving us complete oversight and traceability of our herd through its life cycle.
- Our animals never leave the farm, ensuring excellent biosecurity with a highly controlled environment preventing the introduction of disease from the outside world.
- Our farm and dairy have at minimum 10 miles of buffer zones from every direction.
Our Best Dairy Practices
- Zero artificial growth hormones: Threemile Canyon Farms' cows are not injected with rBST or any other artificial growth hormones to increase milk production.
- Buffers: Our 180-acre dairy operation is in the center of the 93,000-acre farm complex, providing sufficient buffers from neighboring communities.
- Milking: Our milking parlors blend high efficiency with healthy and humane treatment of our herd. Round-the-clock milking occurs from six, state-of the-art carousels in two parallel milking parlors.
- Balanced diet: Our dairy herd is fed a balanced ration of commodities raised on the farm — corn, alfalfa, and other feed crops — supplemented with culls, peelings and other leftovers from processing our commercial potato and onion crops.